Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I ran out of my house just to do music says Obycrox

Over the years, we have had various artistes springing up in the Nigerian music industry as hardcore artists with the intention to fit into the space of the evergreen achievements of the great hardcore maestro TuPac Shakur which is yet to come by.
Obycrox
However, the Imo state born Obinna Bethel Ugo, popularly known as Obycrox, a lover and fan of Tupc has made it a mandate to be the next man to take hardcore rap to the next level in Nigeria as he has just emerged with his debut album and a hardcore master piece titled the DRAMA.
Speaking in an exclusive chat with the young musician he had to quit the make believe world where he worked for so many year as a trained make up artist just to raise fund for his music.

“I was once a make up artist in Nollywood and decided to take a leap to the music industry because I needed to raise fund for my music career. My love for music started way back in my primary school days and then I realised that is what I would love to do as a career in life and ever since I have been following my mentor TuPac. Though he might be dead now but he still lives in me.” he said.
He also described starting up for him as a terrible thing because all that was around him including his parents debunked the idea of him being a musician on the bases that all musicians are unserious set of people.
“It's really not been so easy because right now I think I have been able to sail through the big river and now all those that never wanted me to get into music now appreciate me for the career I have chosen. I had to run out of the house to Lagos to find greener pasture that can enable me see my self through my career.”
“ My the journey to the success of this album has never been an easy one. Never the less, I believe it is a step one has to take if one must be successful. For my album I had to bring out about two sets of albums before this particular one was approved as the best and because the best is what I need I had to put the others aside.” He said.
Obycrox who is at the verge of doing a video for his album, says he doesn't want to do just the kind of video every other person will do in Nigeria rather he wants to get better hands and better equipment which is the reason he is taking his time towards getting the video out. He also added that in no time, his video will hit the air-wave just like his music is presently doing in most TV and radio stations in the country.

No comments: