Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Walko Chilko is back! …debuts album


After a long time battle with his health, long time Nigeria’s Micheal Jackson’s look alike, who has been out of limelight for some time, is back with news of a debut album, Come Let’s Heal The World coming soon.

Speaking with Showtime on why he’s been absent from the stage for so long, Walko Chilko said he’d thought he was ill of malaria, not until the doctor tested and confirmed he was suffering from low sugar level. As a result, he had been on admission for seven months in an Okota hospital.

“I never knew the sickness was something serious because I thought it was malaria. Not until it got worse”

“I thought I was going to die,” he continues. “I was hospitalized for seven months. While there, I was visited by journalists who encouraged me to get better.

But when I noticed that the sickness didn’t subside, I called my family and instructed them that in case I died, I should be buried with a particular coat. But I thank God that I survived.”

Speaking on his new album titled, Come Let’s Heal The World, the Pop act said he dedicated it to late Micheal Jackson’s Heal The World foundation. According to him, late Micheal’s legacy has to be sustained.

He said: “I wrote the song Come Let’s Heal The World while I was on my sick bed. It was written because children of the world need helping hands. During my illness, I met with Micheal Jackson’s brother, Mallon and he told me that I’ll see Micheal’s grave.

Even though he didn’t show me Micheal’s grave, I think with the level I am now, I’ll have to travel to Los-Angelis to see it myself and to pay last homage to him,” he said.

The album, Come Let’s Heal The World swallows tracks like Love Me Somebody, Party D Night, African Heroes and others.

No comments: