Thursday, June 23, 2011

‘Kiss and Tell, not my story


Sultry actress and Glo ambassador, Monalisa Chinda has every reason to put the record straight. She has been been explaining to whosoever that cares to listen that the blockbuster movie she co-produced with one of the celebratedNollywood producers, Emem Isong titled, “Kiss and Tell” and which story, many of her foes claim resolved around her person, has nothing to do with her private life.

The movie, due to premiere tomorrow, Sunday, June 19, at the Silverbird Cinemas, Victoria Island, Lagos, according to the actress, was a mere coincident.

Speaking at the press preview of the movie, held during the week, Monalisa said “ it’s a co-coincident that my prolific writer, Emem Isong has an imagination that runs wild.”

Lisa, a mother of one, quickly debunked insinuations that the story revolved around her person, adding that it was a creative fiction with some real life experiences.

Honestly speaking,she continued, “Kiss and Tell” did not even come up as a title of the movie, until a month ago, when we were preparing to premiere it. We arrived at the title because of what happened in the movie.” The story resolves around one of the characters, Iyke, the ultimate player, who is best of friends with Bernard.”

“When Delphine, a gorgeous divorcee who has sworn off men, walks into Iykes’s life, he makes a wager with his friend to sleep with her in ten days or sell his controlling shares in the company. But when it looked like Iyke was not succeeding after he has wooed the lady, he was compelled to relay to his friend that he has done it with her. It wasn’t my story.”

Asked whether her present status was responsible for the kind of romantic role she played in the movie, the fair-complexioned actress answered in the affirmative, saying “yes, it’s responsible for it. I have never interpreted a romantic script they way I did in “Kiss and Tell”.

Reason being that my situation in the recent past did not allow me to express myself artistically well. It was the other side of my life, but having it in mind also that I was interpreting a role to the best of my ability.”

She continued; “I still have my reservation, I’m not going to go out there and expose the vital parts of my body simply because I’m interpreting a role of a prostitute, or a loose-girl. I wouldn’t do such a thing, without losing the strength of the storyline.

Also, given the fact that the story is a romantic comedy, one needed to show that you have fallen in love and that somebody has actually approached you.”

According to the actress, she possesses a burden of untapped talents. “Whether producing, writing or acting, I am talented. It shows that I still want to unleash so many talents that I have got in me. It also shows that creatively, I’m versatile and possesses the ability to do other things. In fact, “Kiss and Tell’ reveals my other side.”

Lisa, said, despite her present status, she remains herself, while thanking God for her freedom.

“I’m still myself, the only thing that is different now is the fact that I’m free. I’m able to do my things in my own way as long as it not out of order. I’m very much in tune with myself and I’m comfortable. I have my freedom of expression now. And I t’s working for me in a very good way. I really thank God for my freedom.”

The actress however disclosed that she is ready to fall in love again. Even though, her ex-husband Victor Olusegun Dejo-Richard recently remarried, Lisa mentioned understanding as one of the criteria she would require from any man would fall over heels in love with her again.

“I love to love, but it depends on the kind of love that I want to involve myself in. I’m hoping to find a true partner. A man who has a deep understanding of what a relationship or friendship is all about. It’s not necessarily the issue of being lovers or married to each other. I want to distant myself from such relationship.”

Lisa said she is longing to fall in love with a man, who understands and appreciates the nature of her job. “Änd also a man who understands that I have three principles; my God,my family and my career.’

When she was asked to counsel those single ladies who are preparing to go into marriage soon, Lisa sounded philosophically, noting that “understanding is the bedrock of every successful marriage.”

“Basically, there are different forms of marriage.”she said, adding “I would love them to be very open to one another; to build their marriage on the solid foundation of understanding . Different people have got different definition of what love means. But for me, love has to do with understanding; it’s all about money and material things of life.

But above all, understanding is the cradle of love. Basically, understanding for me, is what works in marriage. I will advice them to have basic understanding with their heartthrobs and respect them.’

Directed by Desmond Elliot, who also had a cameo appearance, the movie starred likes Chinda, alongside Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli, Nse Ikpe-Etim and a host of other up and coming talents.

The heart-wrenching flick will storm Silverbird Cinemas, Lagos, on Sunday, June 19, for its long awaited world premiere. It vividly captured the ugly sides of relationships and the many dirty schemes and shenanigans ‘supposed’ happy lovers go through in relationships.

No comments: